“A workforce trained to competency-based standards that are market valued leads to safer, more cost-effective clean energy use, which boosts consumer confidence and supports the expansion of solar and other renewable energy installations across the country.”
Jane Weissman, IREC President and CEO
IREC is ensuring that our clean energy workforce is well trained to quality, competency-based standards – and trained by programs that teach the skills in demand by employers.
IREC leads the nation in the development of quality and competency standards, accreditation and certification programs for clean energy educators and training programs in renewable energy and energy efficiency. Together, they form a strong foundation for a quality workforce with market-valued skills.
As National Administrator of the Solar Instructor Training Network (SITN), we work with the most renowned solar training facilities in the U.S. to build solar workforce capacity in solar system design, installation, sales and inspection.
LOOK HERE to:
- Keep updated on what’s happening around the U.S. in clean energy workforce development. (link to SITN)
- Search through our extensive database of renewable energy and energy efficiency training providers. (link to RE/EE providers)
- Learn more about the SITN, and the unique resources for solar instructors, program developers and local code officials. (link to SITN)
- Keep up with publications by our nationally respected experts. (link to Publications)
- Hear directly from students, instructors and program administrators.
- Add a link to IREC credentialing programs
- Add link to IREC accredited programs