Policy on Links with IREC Suite of Web Sites
Below is IREC’s policy on creating links with other organizations. If your organization meets these guidelines and you would like to link with the IREC web site, please complete the form below.
- IREC establishes links only with government agencies, renewable energy and related non-profit organizations, and academic institutions.
- IREC requests reciprocal links with these organizations.
- Information on the site that is linked with IREC’s site(s) needs to be substantive, unique, regularly updated, well organized, accurate, complete, well developed, and easily understood.
- If an organization is unknown to IREC and researching and monitoring their web site for accuracy, timeliness, and content is required, that link can be refused.
- Links will be established to the relevant part of an external site to avoid users having to do multiple clicks to get to the “renewable” information.
IREC has the authority to deem a site unsuitable if it:
- promotes sexually explicit materials
- promotes violence
- promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- promotes illegal activities
- promotes practices that do not support IREC’s mission.
This policy does not preclude IREC from making arrangements with companies or others to arrange for banner advertising or site area sponsorship.
IREC reserves the right to make all decisions in regard to what links are added to its sites, including the right to reject link requests.
APPLICATION TO ADD A SITE TO IREC
IREC will review your application providing that your site meets the criteria stated above.
*Note: Please fill out all the required fields marked with a *