February 12, 2013 – The IREC Credentialing Program has released a new version of the IREC ISPQ Candidate Handbook. The Candidate Handbook serves as a primary resource for training providers who are applying for or have been awarded an IREC credential. As the IREC Credentialing Program grows, updates and improvements to the program and program documentation are made to address questions and feedback from candidates and to support a high quality assessment process.
Notable updates, as reflected in the new Candidate Handbook, include:
- Language added or removed to reflect that IREC is no longer accepting new applications for IREC ISPQ Continuing Education Provider accreditation.
- Fee schedule updated to clarify that IREC may refund up to 80% of certain application fees if the candidacy is canceled prior to assignment to a desk assessor. (Section 3.1)
- Language added to clarify that candidates are required to reimburse IREC for the cost of assessor time spent on travel for the onsite assessment. (Section 3.5)
- Statement included stipulating that fees received by IREC for an application that is not received by IREC will only be held for up to 30 days before a refund is issued. (Section 3.7)
- Procedure added for candidates to request an extension of the one-year term of candidacy. (Section 5.1.3)
Questions should be directed to the IREC Credentialing Program, firstname.lastname@example.org, (518) 621-7379.