Arkansas requires a commercial or residential contractor’s license.
An Electricians license is required and a state license is required to do any electrical work in Arkansas, including PV. Must be a Master Electrician or a Journeyman Electrician under direct supervision of a Master Electrician.
Licensing (solar thermal)
- A Plumbers license is required. A restricted specialty classification is offered
- Arkansas offers limited licenses for solar thermal installations
- Restricted Solar Mechanic License: May perform installation and/or maintenance for the purpose of heating domestic hot water
- Supervising Solar Mechanic license: any person skilled in the planning superintending and practical installation and/or maintenance for the particular phase of solar and hydronic heating and for the purpose of solar heating of domestic hot water
- Solar Mechanic Trainee means any person who is engaged in learning, acquiring experience and assisting the Solar Mechanics in order to become a Solar Mechanic
- Persons holding a Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License for the particular phase of Restricted Solar Mechanic plumbing shall not perform any plumbing service other than the restricted phase for which he is licensed
- Persons holding a Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License shall not be eligible to use experience gained under such license to obtain credit toward other forms of licenses issued by the Department
- Persons holding a Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License shall not transfer a license from one phase of plumbing to any other phase or move from one restricted area to another without first resubmitting a new application to the department
- The applicant for a Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License shall produce evidence of his training and experience in the phase of plumbing for which he is requesting a license
- Applicants for a Restricted Supervisor Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License shall have a minimum of five (5) years solar mechanic plumbing experience or its equivalent, with a least one (1) year as a licensed Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber.
- Applicants for a Restricted Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License shall have served four (4) years as a registered Restricted Solar Mechanic Apprentice
- Restricted Solar Mechanic Trainees shall register with the Department in order to record the training and experience gained under the Restricted Supervising Solar Mechanic Plumber’s License
Electric code: NEC 2008 edition
Reciprocity: Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Louisiana