On September 16 Department of Public Service staff issued proposed changes to its Standard Interconnection Requirements (SIR). A highlight of staff’s proposed changes:
- Incorporation of newly passed net metering laws and requirements
- Authorization of two separate and distinct review processes for systems 15 kW or less, and greater than 15 kW, up to 2 MW.
- Elimination of the external disconnect switch requirements for systems 15 kW or less that meet UL 1741
- Change of testing and certification requirements to list UL 1741
- Requirement that equipment be tested and certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL)
Staff solicited informal comments from interested parties until October 3, 2008